Spark Plug Wires V6 1995

Anyone know how to deal with bad spark plug wires.........?

Well actually, the camry has solid state ignition with each wire going to the coil which sits on top of the sparkplug.

There is this neat looking plastic cover that sits over the front of the engine. Does it do anything or is it purely for cosmetics?

The rear spark plug wires are in fine shape but the front ones have connectors which are very brittle. My guess is that the plastic cover reflects heat back down on the wires and is shortening the life of the connectors.

Is there any where you can by replacement connectors?

The toyota dealer told me I'd have to replace the wiring harness of the engine for $1000. Thats basically a complete rewiring of teh entire engine.

Reply to
kiselink

The dealer should be able to get connectors for you!! They should have a book called "Wire Connector Part Numbers" or something very close that has exactly what the title suggests. As a sidebar, I've never run into problems with those specific connectors (you are talking about the connectors at the three front coils, right?). But unless there is something very unique about this situation, they should definitely be able to get those guys on their own.

Reply to
qslim

You can get a toyota replacement kit individualy from the dealer at a very high price or or from NGK or bosch website resonably. try to use platinum

+4 spark plugs and its wiring kit. So you can then not worry for 100000 miles.

I usualy change my kit along with the timing belt and never had a problem.

180,000 miles.
Reply to
kdv

No luck - I tried two dealers. They never heard of such a book (or similarly named book). The best suggestion I got was go to a junk yard.

YES! They have a little plastic lock to them. A gentle touch caused the lock to bust. Then in one of them, the inside of the connector slid out, fell to the ground, and shattered. Its pretty light so I was quite supprise. In the Factory Service Manual, they call that cover that covers the three front coils the "V-bank cover". It looks to me like it is a totally useless cover that is for ornamental purposes and causes the coils and connectors to experience hotter than need be temperatures.

Reply to
kiselink

I tried the NGK web site and they don't make spark plug wires for a V6

1995 Camry. If you find otherwise, let me know.

This camry has electronic injection and so there aren't any spark plug wires per se. That is, the coils sit directly on top of the spark plugs. The wires that go to the coils are low voltage and are not a maintenance item.

Reply to
kiselink