speaker replacement in 93 camry xle?

I've got the six speaker system with the tweeters in the doors. anyone have recommendations as to what works best in this situation?

jrm

Reply to
Jrm

Try to get something decent by MB Quart or Rockford that is made to fit. I have tried adapting speaker for these type applications and it can get real frustrating. If you have the time and don't mind fabricating bits, give it a shot. But if this is a one-afternoon project, consult with a pro. There may be adapters available for it, but more often than not, there aren't...

Reply to
HachiRoku

cool, thanks...

I figured it could be a little tricky. I think I'll leave it to some pros.....

jrm

Reply to
Jrm

Well, you could do it yourself.

I wanted to replace the stereo in my Tercel, so I got some larger speakers. Fit them in the door panels and they bolted right in!

Until I rolled down the window.

Since I like sound a little more than looks, I got some 'adapters', plastice rings about 1" thick. The speakers sit on top of the door panel now. I don't mind, some do.

Ran my own 16 guage wire also...

Reply to
HachiRoku

I did the 4 speaker system in a 93 Camry --- got speakers (Sony 3 way) from Crutchfield and they came with plastic adapters and full easy to follow instructions. The rear speaker is 6x9 but has a unique 3 hole triangular mount so normal 6x9 won't fit without cuting metal. Think I used 6 1/2 in rear and 5 1/2 up front.

Reply to
Wolfgang