Speed Gauges adjustment

Is there an adjustment for the speed gauges on the Camry 05' and sienna '04 ? I recently bought a GPS street pilot to use on a big 48 hour drive trip and discovered that the speedometer is like 3-5 mph (under) off the real speed calculated by the GPS. I tried the GPS on my 2003 Honda accord and it matches the same number that the speedometer that the Honda reads, I tested it on a friend's KIA sephia and same good reading. I talk to the Toyota dealer and they told me that the "DMV" (or I don't remember who it was) let's them have a +/- 5 mph fluctuation and it's not a problem. How come Toyota doesn't try to make it precise as Honda cars. ? anyway, Is there something I can do ? All the time when I drive at 65 mph , I notice everybody is passing me so if I use the GPS display speed (the Camry reads

70mph) then I'm at the same speed to the other cars. (same thing with the sienna).
Reply to
Corrlens

Do you have the proper size tires on the car? This will cause a discrepancy in the speedometer. Perhaps the factory put in the wrong pickup gear. There is a gear in the transmission that porvides the speedo with the info. There are different size gears for different size wheels. Perhaps your car was supposed to have the optional wheels and didn't get them, of vice versa. Simple replacement.

Reply to
HachiRoku