Squealing noise on Camry V6 94

Hello group,

after I changed all of my tires in my Camry, I started to hear a high-pitched squealing noise from the back of my car during driving. It's surely not brakes, since the brakes are in good shape and it appears completely independently from whether I'm braking or not. It usually doesn't appear just after the start, which is why I cannot clearly demonstrate it to a mechanic. It also doesn't appear at all when I'm driving at high speeds, i.e. over 35 mph. When it appears, it seems that the position of the steering wheel is important - i.e. in one position I can hear it, but when I turn a wheel it disappears. Does anyone have any idea what it might be caused by?

Thanks,

Wojtek

Reply to
Wojciech Moczydlowski

Water pump?

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Unfortunately your symptoms are a little vague and that is typical of some car noises. Best to concentrate on one of the symptoms at a time when there is an inconsistancy likr this.

The position of the steering wheel maybe a clue in that the motor loads-up when the wheel is turned (via the power-steering-pump). This causes the PS belt load to increase, and drops the motor revs slightly (in spite of the idle-up circuitry). In this case I'd check the PS pump drive-belt for correct tension and condition.

I used to get a similar noise in a mitsubishi Diamante (I think they are called in the US). That noise turned out to be the fuel cap vent whistling as the vapor recovery system built-up vacuum in the fuel tank over time it overcame the fuel-cap's over-pressure valve.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

I have the same problem, I just bought a 94 V6 Camry with 116 000 , which looks in good condition but my front right tire makes some squealing noise. I changed the brakes, drove it 40 miles and it started again. I just bought the car, and it the tire are brand new. Could the noise come from new tires? When i brake the noise stops. could it be the worn rotors? Does anyone have an idea of the reason the car keeps squeazin

Reply to
ludacrisp

The noise can't come from the tires. I had a squealing problem too with my rear brakes on a Supra of mine after I replaced the rear pads. What cured it was a new shim kit from the dealer.

Reply to
Viperkiller