starter

Hi I have a 90 Camry.My starter is going up and I remember on my Toyota pickup replacing just the contacts on the starter.I received the info from a guy on the web .Can anyone give me a heads up on the part no.and instructions on replacing the contacts on my Camry? thanks

Reply to
Joe King

HTH

Reply to
NickySantoro

What make is starter?

Reply to
videokid400

My '96 starter shat itself and it was the contacts. There is a trick there: when tightening the new contact nuts, make sure the posts doesnt turn as you torque the nuts, otherwise the contacts will skew and wear more rapidly due decreased contact area when the armature contact pulls in. Thats all that was wrong with mine, blasted -out contacts. Symptoms are: turn key and starter doesnt fire everytime.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

What're you doin here? abandoned the "Nut House"? ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm not following you on this one. Can you clarify?

Reply to
NickySantoro

(a.a.t...the OT newsgroup...) ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Forgot to add, you can buy new contacts at any auto-electrician shop,..at least in Oz, should be the same in the US. Just take the starter with you so they can supply the right contact set.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James