Steering Wheel Behavior

I had posted a similar topic a few weeks ago, but some issues were resolved. Now I have some other symptoms.

When I'm driving, when I make a turn, either left or right, the wheels seem to hop while the steering wheel is moving. So if I turn Right, while I'm turning, it hops. It stops as soon as I stop moving the steering wheel. It's smooth during the turn. But when I turn the Steering wheel back to get the car straight, it hops again, until I'm straight and the steering wheel is stopped.

One experiment that I tried is that while I'm driving along, I start moving the steering right and left, just slightly, so as to not crash, and I can feel the wheels hopping slightly.

On another thread, someone mentioned CV joints as responsible for a shimmy in my Steering wheel, but that most of that was cured with Hub Centric Rings. I also mentioned that I had the car aligned and wheels balanced quite a few times. I also mentioned that there a thump that I felt in the steering wheel all the time, whether in reverse, forward, right or left.

Any help woud be welcome. Oh, and I started this thread here because I have a 2003 Toyota Camry.

Reply to
danalmsa

Wheel bearings? The brake disk(s) flop to one side and then the other when you turn the other way.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

I bet its your tires, mine did that I had a broken belt on 30000m tires. I used to always bounce and when going around a corner Id kind of jump around. Quick test is rotate tires to see if it changes, if it does replace them.

Reply to
m Ransley