Stereo or speakers which died?

One morning last week I ran out to shut the car windows as I had noticed it was raining. It didn't seem to be raining that much and not much water was noticed in the car. When I put the key in to run up the power windows the radio came on, I quickly turned it off as it was 4:30 am. Later that morning, when I went to leave I noticed that I no longer had any sound coming from the radio. If I turn the stereo way up I might hear a slight crack sound from the speakers but thats it.

I'm thinking the radio speaker channels (if thats the correct term) might have shorted out rather than all four speakers. Does that sound about right or is there something else it might be?

Thanks

Reply to
Joe

As you have deduced, all 4 output stages could not be shorted at once. It sounds (excuse the pun) like a fault in the unit itself or the power is not getting to the unit.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

time to buy a new stereo and speakers at

Im Right