stolen spare keys

Hi,

My house got burglarized and they took off with a safe that had my spare keys of both of my cars (Camry 05 and sienna 04), What do you suggest me to do ?

1) Go to Toyota dealer to replace the transponder+reprogramming+new key+new remote = $408 per car.

2) Buy a steering wheel iron thing so they can't drive if they try to steal it.

3) Get a new alarm system for $99, however the thief can open the door with the spare key and drive away.

4) put the car outside my house so they steal it and claim the insurance and buy a new car

5) go to the dealer and trade it in for a new 2007 camry

6) any other idea ?

Thanks

Reply to
Enrique A

(2) sounds like a good idea. They didn't steal your house keys or garage opener, did they? Keep the cars in the garage. Change the garage remote control frequency if you like.

Reply to
onehappymadman

I just hope that they never follow me to a grocery store or movie theater and take the car while I'm away from it in a blink of an eye. and I agree with you that's maybe the best and cheapest idea too.

:-)

Reply to
Enrique A

Well, if that happens, the cars are insured, right? Plus, I'm sure you filed a police report to report the break-in? Might want to give the police the VIN numbers of your cars too, just in case.

I got the Club-thing too, it's pretty nice. A co-worker highly recommended it - he was from Los Angeles, and he said the one time he didn't use it, that was when his car was stolen. (!!)

Sorry to hear about your break in, and good luck.

Mike

Reply to
onehappymadman

Yeah, but not very secure. Five seconds with a bolt cutter can defeat it . . . .

-DOn

Reply to
Don Fearn

Yes, The Thief cuts the steering wheel, not the lock.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

A more serious question may be "How did they take your safe away? " Or was it just a tin box.

Reply to
Ray

It was one of those 70 pound "fire-safe" for passports (not bolted). Next time I'll hide the spare keys some where else, but never inside a safe.

Reply to
Enrique A

Where do you normally store/hide your spare keys ?

Reply to
Enrique A

So you looking for some keys to steal now????? LOL,............bad question....

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

Install a "Kill Switch" on each car. Good Luck... =AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC= =AC=AC=AC=AC=AC=AC

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN