Stupid Question -- '99 XLE V6

How do I remove the lid on the Master Cylinder reservoir?

I'd sooner ask this stupid question than break the thing off.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
Father Guido

If like my other Yotas its a plack rubber cap that you just pry up and remove. Its snaps back down to replace.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thanks! I didn't want to try to hard.

Did your other 'Yotas' have a small rubber protusion in the center of the cap?

Reply to
Father Guido

======= That is a vent for the reservoir to avoid creating a vacuum as the pads wear and the brake fluid level drops. I suppose it has the overlapping design versus just a hole in the cover to minimize entry of dirt and dust.

Reply to
Daniel

Cool, nice to know. Thanks!

Reply to