Sunroof is stucked

I have a 1990 Camry and the sunroof is stucked.It is electric and i can hear the motor running but nothing happens with the roof. How can I repair this? How can I see the motor and wires or what the drive is? Thank you for any answer on this subject.

Reply to
Roger

Roger. If you hear the motor running, than your problem is probably the drive cables that actually move the glass. to gain access to them you need to remove the headliner from the underside of the roof, and remove it from the car (I seem to remember having to remove all the trim pieces that touch the headliner) there might be hidden screws under the trim, also there is some adhesive that holds the headliner in place, it is not hard, but is time consuming and you need to be carefull not to damage the trim pieces or the headliner. I think the headliner can be removed from the car through the front passenger opening. HTH JerryR

Reply to
yjrybano2spam

Check out the free online repair guide at Autozone:

Power Sunroof Toyota Camry 1983-1996 Repair Guide REMOVAL & > I have a 1990 Camry and the sunroof is stucked.It is electric and i can hear

Reply to
johngdole