switching back and forth from mineral to synthetic oil

Camry 2002, 65000 miles, any problem if use once synthetic then switch back to mineral oil? I heard that having to stick to synthetic once you made the step is a myth. Always changed oil between 3000 and 5000 miles depending of usage. Do I have to use a better grade of oil filter than Purolator if using synthetic oil?

Cur

Oil companies market blends of conventional and synthetics. Mobil even said you can mix them so I don't see why you can't switch back. You can ask Mobil of course.

IMO Purolator's premium line "PureOne" filter is the best there is. Purolator has merged with Robert Bosch Corp. So either the PureOne or the Bosch Filtech is fine (both are ~$5.99). It's all I use with dino or synthetic oils.

I don't think you want the Purolator budget line, called "Premium- Plus". It's an econo line filter and IMO just aren't good enough any more for today's engines. You can get these $1.99 on sale at Pep Boys! Purolator markets these as a social service ;-) ;-) ;-)

johngdole