Timing belt, 4-cyl Camry

In your opinion how many more kilometers can we drive a with a 1998,

4-cyl Camry with 95,000 Kms on it before replacing the original timing belt? Also when we do, we have to get the water-pump replaced too? I read in other posts 90,000-Miles which is around 150,000 Kms meaning We have an other 55-K to go before TB replacement?!
Reply to
Omega

It is my understanding that if your engine is not super high performance with valve overlap, and has non-destructive timing, you can wait till it the timing belt breaks. The timing is little affected with belt age as there is nearly zero stretch before failure. Of course when it goes you will be stranded. While I have never had a failure, I have gone 113,000 miles with no apparent effects of not changing the timing belt in a 1991 MR-2 2.2 liter

4 cylinder, in those days it was 60,000 mile in the book to replace.

Ben

Reply to
ben