Timing Belt Checkout

What criterion is used when the timing belt in my 1991 Camry V6 is checked (by a dealership) ?

Other than breakage, what else is possible during the checkout that indicates that the belt should/must be replaced ? I assume that there are other ways of indicating that the belt has gone beyond its life expectancy, ????

TNX de ~ Vince ~

Reply to
Vince

belt is worn ,frayed, missing teeth, cracked,

Reply to
m Ransley

Hi,

if they can get to it to check it they may as well replace it. Not much cost difference.

You just replace them at sceduled intervals.

Reply to
Peter