Timing belt or other belt?

My 1997 Toyota Camry V6 has about 110,000 on it. I was told by my mechanic that I need to replace belts..He said all belts are cracked. I don't really know what belts he was talking about. I checked service record from previous owner. He just had timing belt change around 85,000 mile. I am not sure if he has changed the water pump, though. My mechanic said it costs $700 to change the whole thing.

I am just curious, how many belts are there in the whole engine system and how much ususally people get charge for changing timing belts?

Thank you very much

Reply to
Monapanitan
700 to change everything a bit high, get a new mechanic. And at 25000 you timing belt is probably fine. You need a second opinion. I just had two mechanics say by brakes were gone, my friend redid them , well comparing new pads to old they were 50% worn good for 30000m more.
Reply to
m Ransley

not

Does the repair order show the timing belt being replaced? If it does, then you don't have to worry for another 50,000 miles or so. And $700 is a bit much. Mine replaced the timing belt, hoses, other belts, flushed the system and a couple other minor things for $350. I thought I got chraged a bit much, but from what I've been seeing I guess not!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Gee 350 is a Good deal, I pay that for just the timing belt replacement

Reply to
m Ransley

$700 is bit high. I got a quote from the my Toyota Dealer for only $289 for all the belts and other misc jobs.

Reply to
Danw

In the Lowell, MA area most Toyota dealers advertise timing belt replacemnt for $219. Friends said they pay about $60 for a serpentine belt.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

what you can do is go to

find dealer link put in your zip code click on the dealers within your location (it will take you to the dealer's page) on the left, there is some promotion or deals on toyota service.

then compare the prices from there if you want to get a job d> My 1997 Toyota Camry V6 has about 110,000 on it. I was told by my

mechanic

from

am not

costs

system and

Reply to
skewe

Wow! I haven't paid over $219 yet! And that's from a dealer!

Reply to
hachiroku

I paid 139 to have mine replace at Toyota of Greensburg in Pennsylvania. Looks like you sure were overcharged.

Reply to
Ryan_Pgh_Pa