Tire Rebalance - How Often

How often should one rebalance their tires? Or are the indicators that can be used to determine that they need rebalanced (e.g., vibration)?

Obviously tire rotations are important and can be done as per schedule.

Thanks

Reply to
kiselink

Waste of money unless they are vibrating. In fact a lot of people feel rotating tires is a waste too and just prevents you from seeing an alignment problem early.

Reply to
Art

Thanks!

Our front wheel drive v6 camry eats fronts tires. I always presumed that it was because the stress of accelleration and breaking is predominantly bore by the front tires.

Reply to
kiselink

Get it aligned and consider a differenet model tires. Also the front end needs to be checked to see if anything is worn out.

alignment

Reply to
Art

Hey! Art and I agree on something!

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM

Art wrote:

Reply to
Philip®

Many of my colleagues here in Florida also experience tire wear exceeding what they experienced when living in more northern states in the US. The roads are hotter here for longer parts of the year. Also, coral is used (or use to be used) in road materials - some claim this is also cause of extra tire wear here in FL.

It just seems common sense that the front tires experience greater forces than the rear.

Regarding my vehicle, the wear on the tires are all even.

The following site confirms Arts comments - that one only needs to balance the tire once unless there are vibrations.

The site recommends frequent rotations.

Reply to
kiselink

Art's reply was knocked off this server so not sure what he said.

I have two Toyotas both with Michelins bought at Costco - Costco recommends rote AND balance at 5000 mile intervals. I usually adhere to this unless I feel a vibration (weights sometime come off) ron

Reply to
ron