Torque specs for '88 Camry motor mount

Can someone please post or e-mail the torque specs for the passenger side engine mount bolt and nuts for a 1988 Camry 3SFE? My Haynes manual neglected them. Thanks! chollamous at yahoo dot com

Reply to
Justin Uddergye

For terminology's sake, you have a mount, an aluminum bracket, the vehicle frame, and the engine bracket.

Now, loosely assemble aluminum bracket to mount with large bolt (finger tight). Tighten mount to studs from frame with 2 nuts (65 ft/lbs). Tighten aluminum bracket studs to engine bracket with 2 nuts (these have a larger built-in washer surface) (38 ft/lbs). Tighten long through bolt that holds aluminum bracket to engine bracket (47 ft/lbs). Finally tighten the aluminum bracket to mount bolt. Theres no spec I can find for it. I use an impact and experience but it is probably around 50 - 75 ft/lbs. Make sure the weight is completely resting on it (engine isn't jacked up) and the location tang on the mount is inserted into the aluminum bracket.

Reply to
tbspenard