towing capacity for a 1987 toyota camry

hi there I have a 1987 toyota camry le(sedan) and want to know what the towing capacity is, i have looked all over the internet with no luck. Thanks Darren

Reply to
darren

Doug

I woudnt tow with that age or car

Reply to
m Ransley

I used to tow a utility trailer of about

700lbs several times a week with my 1990 V6 camry. I pulled a small boat of similar weight with it also, never a problem. Trans was of course flushed(not just drained) on a regular basis. The old 4 cylinders did not have disc brakes all around or nearly the power of the V6. I do tow a small boat with my 97 camry 4 but it has good ABS brakes and more powerful engine. Rob
Reply to
ROBMURR

An aluminum fishing boat with a 10 horse Johnson and a tackle box.

Reply to
JCM900

You are probably asking too much.

I have a small hitch install on my 89 camry and 93 camry. But i only use it to haul a 4x8 trailer with miscelaneous stuff on a short distance. (Less than 10 miles) I used oth when i moved and the trailer really help me alot on moving sofa,tv, refrigerator. Also occasional trips to Lowes or Home Depot.

When i bought the trailer at Harbor freight, the salesman are horrified at the notion of hauling using a 89 4 cylinder Camry. but I knew I'm going to use it only lightly and short distance. So i'm Okay. Sofjan Mustopoh

Reply to
Sofjan

It is a passenger car, probably not rated for towing. Use the gross vehicle weight rating to approximate. For example, if you can carry four 150 lb. passengers, and 150 lbs. of luggage, but you're only riding with one passenger and the trailer, you could estimate the difference in load capacity (and adjust the tire pressure accordingly).

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

You mean like this?

it to

10

sofa,tv,

the

it

Reply to
JCM900

That is hilarious... :^) No I have never loaded up my Camry like that .

I bet somebody are going to post the pictures of a compact ar loaded with lumber from one of the home improvement store and the car got completely squashed

Sofjan Mustopoh

Reply to
Sofjan

Yeah I thought it was relevant ;-)