Toyota Camry Check Engine Light on.

I have a 99 Toyota Camry 4cylinder. The check engine light came on about 3 days ago, and then went off yesterday. I noticed it back on today after I stopped and got gas. The only problems that I have noticed are that it feels like it is running a little rough, and I'm going through double the amount of gas that I have ever gone through before. I asked some mechanics and they think it is the oxygen sensor, but they want to hook it up and diagnose it for $80 and then another $160 for the sensor. I think it just needs a tune-up. Any sugestions?

Reply to
Iceman74MJD

Have the codes read at a store like AutoZone, and paste them back here. These days a "tune-up" is nothing but getting the spark plugs replaced and maybe having the intake cleaned. Toyota calls for having the plugs replaced at 60,000 miles. My experience leads me to believe this is a conservative number.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Go to your local Autozone and have them read off the code. Tell us what it is.

Reply to
johngdole