Toyota interference engines?

Threaded View

Which Toyota cars have interference engine designs?

Re: Toyota interference engines?

=======
To answer your questionj in the reverse - if they have a timing belt -
they're not interference
Not sure about the chain driven cams, I think they may be interference.

Re: Toyota interference engines?

All the new chain-driven corolla engines (1ZZ-FE?), the chain celica
engines , the 2UZ-FE (V8 trucks), and the new 3MZFE front drive 6 cylinder
are interference, if my memory serves.

Re: Toyota interference engines?

Except some 1.5L, diesels, V6s and V8s.

Re: Toyota interference engines?

General rule of thunmb with Toyota:
If is a SOHC, it is usually Interference.
If is a DOHC, it is usually non-interference.

--
A young girl I know told me I drive like an old man

I told her, actually, I drive like Mario Andretti.

Site Timeline