Toyota Warranty

Do overseas dealers honor Toyota's warranty (imported from America). I am transferring overseas and want to take a new Toyota with me. Will the Toyota dealer overseas honor my warranty?

Reply to
Patrick Gillilan

Probably not. Warranties are always a marketing expense which is factored into the price of the car. You should also check out the cost of import duties you may have to pay in addition to the shipping expense.

What kind of car is it, and what country are you going to?

Reply to
Mark A

Toyota Camry...I'm headed to Seoul, South Korea. \

Reply to
Patrick Gillilan

Owning a car in Seoul is like having one in NYC (insane for financial and practical reasons).

Korea's public transportation system (subways, trains, buses) is very extensive and cheap, accessing almost every place imaginable. For this reason, until the late 1970's, most people did not own cars. The economic boom of the 1980s brought a rapid increase in the number of private automobiles, and the increase in new vehicles has far out paced the rate of building new roads and parking facilities. As a result, roads are often jammed, especially during weekends and holidays.

Here is a link you should read about Korean drivers:

None of this even includes the issue of shipping charges, import duties, or the warranty for the vehicle. You will likely have a hard time getting parts for a US built Camry in Korea.

Reply to
Mark A

Thanks for your reply. I know about driving in Korea. I am very familiar with the country as I've been there several times. Getting the car there and the taking care of the duty would be no problem.

However, the warranty issue directly affects me. I received a reply from Toyota Korea that says the vehicle would not be covered and that parts would indeed be difficult to get...

Appreciate your time.

Pat

Reply to
Patrick Gillilan