Trailer Hitch

Anyone put a class II trailer hitch on a 2006 camry? I used to have a hitch on my previous SUV I gave up to haul just a bike rack.

Do these hitches really take away from the backend look of the car or are they somewhat hidden when not in use? I have yet to see a camry with a hitch on the road to see for myself.

Reply to
krupnikas

Saw one yesterday on a Lexus ES 300, same platform as Camry. The hitch was installed by Eckhart, and the bike rack in the receiver was Yakima. Eckhard has a good reputation for installation - don't know if they are available outside of Southern California. The Camry bumper is vinyl plastic, over resilient foam over the actual steel arced pieces. The plastic bumper cover had been neatly cut back underneath and an upright section of the hitch welded to the back of the two steel box sections that form the rear bumper impact resistance behind the foam on the outside. There was another 1/4" thick steel leg that bolted to the underside beneath the spare tire holder in the center. Looked solid and professionally done - but not what I would call simple. Overall appearance was unobstrusive - all you could see was the receiver.

Reply to
Daniel