Transmission fluid in anti freeze

I have a 2002 Yukon had my motor replace 3 weeks ago. I went on a road trip I was 120 mile away from home and I noticed that I had transmission fluid leaking. I looked to see where it was coming from it looked like it was coming from the front drive shaft. I used 3 gallons of transmission fluid to get home. I took it the dealership that replaced the motor and they told me that the transmission cooler had went bad which caused the antifreeze to get into the transmission fluid. Which thin the transmission fluid cause it to escape threw the gasket on the transmission. I had no lose of antifreeze but I used three gallons of transmission fluid. How do you explain?

Reply to
jetsplace66

Well, its normal to cool transmission fluid by running it thru some pipes in the radiator. If there was a trans-pipe rupture in the radiator coolant, then I 'd expect a lot of preesurised coolant to get into the transmission oil. That didnt happen as far as I can deduce from what you've said. Sounds like the drive-shaft was re-installed during the motor replacement in a sloppy fashion which tore the lips of the drive-shaft seal,..hence the leak. Tell them if there was no coolant in the trans-oil then the cooling pipes must have been OK and they stuffed the seal during re-assembly- motor R&Replace.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

========== Did you realize this posted to Toyota Camry group? Try: