Transmission slipping when first engaged in drive in mornings

I have a 99 Camry that has 153000 miles and over the past few days when the car is first started and put in reverse it does fine but when you make the initial shift to drive and attempt to pull off, it slips for a split second. After that everything is fine.

Any thoughts??

Reply to
Eakster

Have you checked the fluid? Maybe it's low, maybe it's dirty.

Reply to
badgolferman

Yes, the fluid was at the proper level and it was checked with the engine hot. It did look a darker color than a bright pink.

Reply to
Eakster

It might be worth your while to do a drain and refill 2-3 times. That'll change most of the liquid and then you can eliminate the fluid as being the cause of the problem.

Reply to
badgolferman

With any tranny problem the first thing is to check fluid condition and level. Consider changing the strainer with a Fram ATF kit with cork rubber gasket (~$20) and wipe the pan of all the metal shavings.

I wouldn't do an ATF flush at this stage before then. In fact, I would do an ATF flush persoanlly.

Eakster wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Change trans oil and filter now