Trick to replacing rear brake light bulb?

I have a 96 camry. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to replace my diming brake light bulb. I really didn't want to even have to replace it myself. But two dealers tried to charge me over 50 bucks. They both said the whole rear bumper had to be removed to access the the bulb. There has to be an easier way to do this.

Reply to
Tony

Usually the manual illustrates how to replace all the bulbs MLD

Reply to
MLD

I have a 1995 CAMRY 4. I have had it since new still only 98K Miles. I have has 3 bulbs go off on the near side rear.

If you lift the Boot Lid there are 2 screws just located in the side. Which is usually covered my the boot ( Trunk ) lid. Remove these There are then 2 pegs on the light unit. Located into plastic liners in holes in the main body. You have to rock the light unit as they are quite a good fit.

Now thats a 1995. So maybe 1996 is different.

Enjoy.

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

1996 is the same. I just replaced my first rear bulb, after 13 years. I was surprised that I had to remove screws to change the bulb, but it was pretty easy to figure out once I actually looked at the owner's manual!
Reply to
SMS

OK ,

One strange point is. I have had to replace that near side ( UK ) bulb

3 times. I have had the car 14 year come September. Battery at 9.5 years. Radiator at 12 years. Silencer is sill the original one. ( price of that has me worried )

Bumper OF ...RIP OFF guys are in all countries lol.

I don't use Toyota at all these days. Spares yes in most cases. Toyota wanted GB£800 to change out the radiator. I got a one locally for £84. Holes were exact. Made in Denmark. All new hoses and stat from Toyota GB£100. Bottom mounts that were real shot GB£22. Bottle of PINK fill up. GB£20.

Total cost GB£246. And a pleasant job to do one day. SORTED lol.

Have a nice day Johnny UK

Plea

Johnny.

Reply to