Trim Gasket Oozing (squishing if you prefer) Out! - 01 Highlander

Trim Gasket Oozing (squishing if you prefer) Out! - 01 Highlander

I have an 01 Highlander that has a chronic problem of the gasket on the rear hatch door oozing out after about a year. This is the gasket between the hatch door and the plastic trim above the license plate. It is not critical but just looks UGLY!

This has happened 3 times so far and Toyota has fixed it twice under warranty but is now refusing to fix it again since the vehicle is now out of warranty.

Apparently from another group this is a problem on some vehicles. Some never have this problem while others seem to be chronic. No fix has been noted.

Have any of you seen this before and know how to fix it for good? Anybody seen a service bulletin?

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve Sr.

It may be a legal issue, they tried to fix it twice and failed and now refuse, Repairs themselves are warranted, sometimes for life, sometimes only 30 days. I think they should fix it for free right this time, Lemon law may apply, but I really do not know, look it up.

Reply to
m Ransley