Trouble removing rear valve cover on '93 V6 Camry

I'm close to getting the rear valve cover off in order to change the leaky gasket, but there's a thick cluster of wires and pipes on the left-hand side that's preventing me from lifting that lower left corner of the valve cover high enough to clear the spark plug tubes. Does anybody have any experience with this procedure/dillemma? It's not clear to me what to disconnect next or how to make things easier.

FYI, this cluster is a couple of inches in front of the firewall, and it includes a thin metal pipe running from left to right. I might be able to disconnect the pipe at one of its joints, but I don't know what's inside of it, or if it's under pressure, so I don't know if I should just leave it alone. Is anybody familar with this?

If there's any further info that I could provide, please let me know. Thanks for any and all advice or thoughts.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

I?m also having the exact same problem. Can anyone answer?

Reply to
joandjo77