trouble with all trac motor

Help I bought a used 1989 all trac that had a bad motor in it. I learned the hard way that you can't put just any 4 cyl camry motor in an all trac. I found a good used motor from an all trac and put it in the car. When you first start up the motor it seems to run ok for the first 15-30 seconds but then as it warms up it starts to run like crap! As soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate it just falls on its face. So far I have swapped out the AFM and fuel pressure regulator and it hasn't helped. Next I thought about swapping the catalytic converter and egr and seeing if that made any difference. I didn't get the same year motor could that be the problem? Is the computer that picky? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks, ben

Reply to
Ben Dixon

It IS the ignition coil it is dirty from oil leaking past the O ring in the distributor and that shorts it out from condensation ,also be sure cap it real tight, or it is bad, try cleaning it with alcohol and a rag first, it is under the distributor cap.

Reply to
m Ransley