Trouble with Spark Plugs & Distributor Cap

I have 1993 Toyota Camry V6. I recently replaced my spark plugs, distributor cap, and rotor. When replacing the old distributor cap, there were two lines on top of the cap that weren't connected to anything so I figured they weren't important. Now I'm wondering if those two lines need to be connected to something because since then my car has been running much worse than it did before the new parts. When I shift into second or fourth gear, I have to floor the gas pedal to get the car to move and even then it barely goes. What could it be?

Reply to
hl77

hi there

i thought i say hi. ive got a 93 v6 camry, its an auto and it wont kick down, i wondered if your was an auto! AND IF THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS LICKED TO YOUR PROB. MANY THANKS jamie

Reply to
jamiegawler

Jamie,

My Camry is a manual transmission. I read your post and I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean by kick down: It takes too long for it to actually shift and so the it continues to spin at a high RPM?

My problem is the opposite, my car won't rev up no matter how much I step on the gas.

Thanks,

-H

jamiegawler wrote:

Reply to