Trunk Pops Open By Itself

I have a 2005 Camry. I can open the trunk with a key, the pull-up latch next to the drivers seat, or I can use the remote control. Lately, while driving, we have noticed that the trunk somehow popped open by itself. It has only done so a few times that we know of. Anyone know of any recalls or alerts to this problem? Any ideas on what might be causing it? TIA Marshall

Reply to
Freelancer

Just needs a simple adjustment - take it back in to dealer.

Reply to
Wolfgang

My POS 2001 Avalon does it because of the poor design of the remote. The button for the trunk has a weak spring and is slightly high. Any pressure on my key case and up pops the trunk lid.

Reply to
Art

I assue it will not operate when the car is in drive - right?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Sure hope not. But normally the remote is hanging by the key in the ignition so it couldn't be triggered while driving. But last night I found myself driving again with the trunk open. Never happens on my 300M or any other car I've owned. Just this highly rated 2001 Avalon. I presume the trunk was opened previously by the remote while I was in the garage.

By the way I had a close look at the new Avalon. Gorgeous interior but otherwise unimpressive. And I will not be buying another Toyota product for a long, long time.

Reply to
Art