Update on 1998 Camry Problem

Many of you may have read that my Camry was running as if it had a fuel starvation or similar problem. Checked the air cleaner. Sensors... Fuel delivery... etc. All was fine.

Took the shop a day to find it, but there was a chipmunk nest in my electricals... Disconnected the PC if you will. Ruined it too due to a chewed wire short...

$350.

Last year it was $200 for an air filter housing with a nest and chewed plastic parts....

Anyone want some free (dead) chipminks? I'm gonna go kill them now.

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe

Well, I'll tell ya. I replaced the hood on my 'hachiroku' 2 years ago, and after being parked for the winter all I hear is acorns rolling around when I open the hood...

Think I'll join you on that expedition...

Reply to
HachiRoku

Had mice get in an engine bay once and eat the insulation off the wiring. Didn't know it until they let the smoke out of something, didn't start a fire but I had to do a lot of rewiring. Guess they were enjoying the ride, must have been adrenelin junkies as I had a lead foot then. :-)Car looked funny after that with all the mouse traps under the hood. :-) davijd92

Reply to
davidj92