vibrating steering wheel

hello all,

i'm having a 99 camry and recently the steering wheel starts to vibrating when i apply the break. this happen much more often on highway driving at a speed of more than 40 mph than on local streets. anyone know what is causing this vibrating? i just have the wheel alignment and the break is fine. any helps would be more than appreciate.

Reply to
tnguyen

Warped discs on your front disc brakes. They have to be ground down. It could be that someone tightened the nuts on the wheels too tight and warped the rotors (discs).

Art

Running though a large puddle of water and rapid cooling a hot disc could also warp the disc.

Reply to
jjjsan

Check / correct the balance of the front wheels.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I just had new motor mounnts installed, both front & rear.

After picking up my car I discovered, every time I stopped at a traffic light, my engine had a rough idle, which could be felt in the steering wheel. Prior to this my 99 camry idled perfectly. Anyone out there have any suggestions?. I am bringing car back to my mechanic tomorrow, who will be doing diagnostic check. I will share those results. Is it not annoying, when all of a sudden your car does not run "right"?

Thanks Mazz

Reply to
Mazz