waterflow reservoir pushing water out

I have a 92 Camry v6 with 205k miles...the belts, water pump and hoses were changed 40k miles ago. I'm losing water from my radiator. from the waterflow. I dont think its the head gasket...i dont see any water mixing with the coolant.. ?

Reply to
canucks

I assume you mean water mixing with the oil. That is not guaranteed to happen with a blown head gasket. It depends where it blows. You don't see any visible signs of leaks in the driveway or garage where you park it? Check the exhaust when you start it up cold and smell it for coolant. Otherwise bring it in for a pressure check and potentially a leakdown test.

davemac

Reply to
davemac

If you mean from the overflow, I would replace the radiator cap and clean the area where the cap contacts the rad so you get a good seal. It might very well be something more involved, but this is fast, cheap, and you can do it yourself in 5 minutes.

Reply to
D F Bonnett