Weight an 04 Camry can hold

Groups Google+ Gmail Web more ? alt.autos.toyota.camry How much weight can my Camry carry ?

5/3/08desgnr 97 Camry LE 4 cyl. I need to pick up some concrete pavers that are 2"x8"x16" & weigh 17 pounds each. I need 36 & the total weight will be 612 pounds. Can i put these in the trunk safely ?

5/3/08ransley

- show quoted text - I dought it but stop loading when it sags, put some on the passenger floor, seat, and rear seat, I overloaded mine and broke a spring when hitting a bump.

5/3/08Sharx35

5/3/08ransley

5/3/08Sharx35

5/3/08ransley 5/3/08zonie I went on a toyota parts book from a dealer in my area to find out that the springs on a 4 cyl and 6 cyl camry are the same. where could the difference be? Scott

-- Message posted using

amry/ More information at

5/3/ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com No, the springs on the 4- and the 6-cyl are not the same. Aftermarkets may give you stronger springs for the 4-cyl but the OEM toyota springs for them are JUNK like other said.

5/3/ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com The 4-cyls have really cheap rear springs, maybe the fronts too. You read reports of them sagging to easily. So take it easy while loading. Maybe make two-three trips if not too much trouble.

5/4/08ransley

> Can i put these in the trunk safely ?- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -

Just one, small, light body, in the trunk and you are bottoming out.

5/4/08Sharx35

I went on a toyota parts book from a dealer in my area to find out that th

springs on a 4 cyl and 6 cyl camry are the same. where could the > difference > be? Scott >

What year of Camry, Scott? The 6 cyl, for CERTAIN years, such as 1999, definitely has better SUSPENSION than its 4 cyl. counterpart. Under SUSPENSION, I include such things as springs, struts, etc..

-- > Message posted using >
> More information at

5/4/08Sharx35

5/4/08mack

5/4/08ransley > Like I said, the 6 cyl. is FAR better...almost an entry-level Lexus.- Hid

e quoted text -

And FAR worse on milage, which is all I care about.

5/4/08Sharx35

5/4/08Sharx35

- show quoted text - Who give a flying f*ck about mileage, you cheap bastard? You can't take it with you, you know...so why go on the cheap? You only live once, you know.

5/4/08ransley >

.
> > > pounds > > > > each. > > > > I need 36 & the total weight will be 612 pounds. > > > > Can i put these in the trunk safely ?- Hide quoted text - > > > > - Show quoted text - > > > Just one, small, light body, in the trunk and you are bottoming out. > > > Like I said, the 6 cyl. is FAR better...almost an entry-level Lexus.- H

ide

> quoted text - > > > - Show quoted text - > > And FAR worse on milage, which is all I care about. > > Who give a flying f*ck about mileage, you cheap bastard? You can't take i
with you, you know...so why go on the cheap? You only live once, you know

At 4 bucks a gallon, dam right, Glad I sold my fullsize Blazer. I wish I had a Hybrid, you moron. You really have a piss ass, little bitch attitude, you shit head, you complain on tire sensors costing money, you say 4 cil owners are "cheapies", you are acomplished at one thing here, youranasshole, what, lost yur boyfriend BWAAAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA

5/4/08Daniel

- show quoted text - ============= Locate the sticker on the front driver side door post and find the GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating). Subtract your weight and the remainer is the rated load capacity for your car. Also check the owner's manual to see if you need to add air in the rear tires for "fully loaded - four passengers with luggage" Good luck Nikki

Reply to
nicolehartnett