What antifreeze is needed for a 2000 Solara?

What antifreeze is needed for a 2000 Solara?

The owners manual says to use Toyota Long LIfe or the equivalent.

Isn't 2000 before the fancy fluids were needed. It has some red fluid in there now, but I'm thinking that's probably because it was serviced at Toyota, and all they use is there latest, 25 dollar a gallon antifreeze, even though an 11-year old car doesn't need it.

What say ye?

Reply to
micky

Not sure, but IIRC, OEM Toyota antifreeze has been red for decades. I'd think that it's more or less the same as the old fashioned bright green Prestone that everyone used to use.

They DO put the Toyota brand antifreeze and oil on sale around here from time to time. Heck, the Toyota brand oil filters are cheaper at the dealer than either the Toyota branded or a good name brand filter is at the local Auto Zone. Not that I'm a friend of dealers, but sometimes they DO do something right.

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
spsffan