What is this Camry worth?

Newbie to Toyotas, this country, everything. I have been offered the following Camry for purchase: 1992, 4 door, 4 cyl, 5 spd manual, cd changer, 160K miles. Spent its life in Minnesota/Wisonsin, but no visible rust.

Negatives: Had a dent on hood which has been repaired and you can see the mismatched paint.

Positives: New radiator, ac compressor, battery, alternator, tires.

Seems to run fine.

What is this car worth? I.e., how much should I offer, how much should I be prepared to pay?

Reply to
Newbie

: Newbie to Toyotas, this country, everything. I have been offered the : following Camry for purchase: 1992, 4 door, 4 cyl, 5 spd manual, cd : changer, 160K miles. Spent its life in Minnesota/Wisonsin, but no : visible rust. : : Negatives: Had a dent on hood which has been repaired and you can see : the mismatched paint. : : Positives: New radiator, ac compressor, battery, alternator, tires.

Forgot to add, new timing belt and water pump as well

: : Seems to run fine. : : What is this car worth? I.e., how much should I offer, how much should : I be prepared to pay?

Reply to
Newbie

$1,500 at the most.

you can check prices at

Select Make, model, year, engine, etc. and you'll get several lists depending on the area you're at.

-- EL FORY - "I still have the sun to kiss your shadow"

Reply to
EL FORY

I've seen a '94 advertised at $3400. I wouldn't sell my '86 (72,000 miles and impeccibly maintained) for less than $2800. BTW, where are you from?

Reply to
HachiRoku

Does it have complete maintenance records that you can review? Best determinant of what kind of a car you're getting is how it has been serviced.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

: Does it have complete maintenance records that you can review? : Best determinant of what kind of a car you're getting is how it has : been serviced.

Well, he offered me the receipts for all the recent new-parts purchases because they might be needed for warranty purposses. I haven't asked if he has proof of oil changes and like, but I have no reason to doubt that they were done.

Reply to
Newbie

What's the price the seller is asking??

How about accidents? get the VIN and go to

-- EL FORY - "I still have the sun to kiss your shadow"

Reply to
EL FORY

Have a mechanic that knows camrys look at it, do a compression test , ck plug condition, and pull the valve covers. You can tell alot with tests and looks.

Reply to
m Ransley

will give you pricing to start with. Keep in mind that "Retail" price is only for cars being sold at the dealership or private sellers whose cars are immaculate and well maintained. Check others in your area too and see what they're going for.

Reply to
Viperkiller