What's the lowest part at the center of rear suspension?

Hi, I changed the tires of my 90' Camry with a hydro-jack. The part supported with the hydro-jack is the center of the suspension bar. I find it is the lowest part and appropriate with the jack-jaw. A question comes to me. What's usefulness of this part (like a half ball) under the center of the suspension bar? From the user manual I can see a hole at the lowest. Is it safe to use it to lift my car?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
rxjwg98

That's exactly what it is for - to lift the car using a hydraulic floor jack. The factory service manual shows this as an approved lifting point. Apart from a centering structure to receive the lifting force, that semi spherical protrusion has no function.

Reply to
Daniel

page 37 or so shows a picture of the approved lifting points

Reply to
onehappymadman