wheel covers

For those with steel wheels, and who ever had to replace the stock wheel covers, have you found any aftermarket ones that are as good as Toyota parts? I've tried a couple types, either from Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, etc., and they seem to only last 2-3 years before cracking. My stock ones lasted several, and on my wife's car they lasted until she sold it, over 11 yrs later.

I don't know how much the Toyota ones are but perhaps they're worth it?

Reply to
Russell

My 99 Camry came with crap plastic covers. When 1 was lost, I had to pay about $60, compared to nearly $100 at the dealer's.

Reply to
sharx35

I have had good luck replacing mine via ebay. I had two of my stock ones break in teh last 9 years and each time kept checking ebay and found them pretty quick. Good luck

Jeff

Reply to
jeff deane

What kind of prices versus dealer price?

Reply to
sharx35

I think it was Russell who stated:

Instead of plastic that gets brittle and cracks, you could get these:

I got some for my xB for 85 bux a set (plus shipping, but still under a hundred) and I really like them. They are not too likely to crack and they're VERY easy to clean!

-Don (no affiliation with Mike's; just a happy customer)

-- I wish the buck stopped here; I could use a few

Reply to
Don Fearn

Where did you buy yours, and are you happy with them?

Reply to
Russell

A hole in the wall hubcap specialty shop here in Edmonton. They are made of plastic. Plastic is softer than concrete curbs. No, they are cheap looking and suck, suck suck. Wheel covers should be made out of some kind of metal.

Reply to
sharx35