When to change plugs, PCV Valve, and Fuel Filter on 2002 Camry LE V6?

I have a 2002 Camry LE V6 with about 60,000 miles on it now. I read that this car has the Iridium plugs that need to be changed at about 120,000 miles. I have always done tune-ups on my cars (new cap, rotor, plugs and wires if needed) at about 40,000 miles so for me not to change plugs till

120,000 miles seems unheard of. My previous cars were Ford Taurus, and Dodge Spirit.

When should I change the spark plugs on my car?

Also, I have always replaced the PCV Valve every 40,000 miles, and I have not done that as of yet. When should I change the PCV valve?

Lastly, the fuel filter has not been touched yet. When should that be replaced?

thanks

Reply to
Car Guy

I can only speak for the plugs, I change mine at 60K miles and it's important to use the OEM replacement plugs -- the two prong type, not the parts store brand. If the gap exceeds specs greatly the engine will knock and run rough at idle.

Car Guy wrote:

Reply to
Joey
100,000 miles for all those items should be fine. Changing the rear bank is awkward, so you may come to appreciate the long interval. Fuel filter is "lifetime" item, but changing at 100,000 or 120,000 is fine. Double check your ignition system. You may not have distributor cap, rotor or plug wires. Likely direct ignition with individual coils. Iridium is an improvment over platinum in that service life is extended. Platinum are fine for 60,000 miles, iridium even longer. Suggest you take the extra time to accumulate service manuals and tools as needed.
Reply to
Daniel

Sure. However - these plugs can be ordered by most auto parts stores. The brands specified in your owner's manual are going to be NGK and Denso. Either should work fine, although they're going to be pricey. Expect to spend at least $70 for a full set of 6.

Reply to
y_p_w