Where is the component that causes high idle at start up?

Sometimes mine doesn't, and I have to hold the accelerator down for a minute. Then it kicks on. What do I fix?

97 camry 4cyl.

thanks, mike

Reply to
MB

Thanks. I see 2 modules stuck to the throttle body near the throttle shaft itself. I was wondering which one it was..? There's one underneath, and one towards the back.

mike

--------------------

"Daniel M. Dreifus" wrote:

Reply to
MB

The one on the bottom. But you don't want to remove it - without disconnecting water lines, etc. Just let the engine idle cold, and spray carburetor cleaner in the small rectangular opening at the bottom of the throttle body throat right in front of the butterfly valve slightly to the right. Keep the engine running with your other hand, and that should do it.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Thanks, I'll give it a squirt.

mike