Where is the location of the solenoid 1 and 2 on the 92 Camry?

My 92, 4 cylinder Camry is stuck on 4th gear. Acceleration is poor. The OD light isn't working but the OD bulb fuse is fine. The OD button is fine. The shifter D light isn't working. And when I step on the brakes then select any gear the brake light failure light goes on. I change two out of four bulbs but the problem remains.

I check the 2-pin connector of solenoid 1 and 2 to ground (located just right below the car battery tray) and find no resistance. It's strange to find two dead solenoids and a failing OD and D bulb all at the same time. I like to be sure if I'd have the correct shift solenoid valve before I remove the oil pan. Can anyone guess the location of the connector terminal for the solenoid 1 and 2 on the 92 Camry?

Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Louven

Go here and look. It may be of help. Good luck!

user

Some additional information is needed for diagnosis.

How do you know that the transmission is stuck in 4th gear? What is the engine doing when you start from a standstill?

What is the condition of the transmission fluid?

How may miles are on the car and how many miles ago since the last time the transmission was serviced?

The OD light should only come on when the OD is disengaged and should not be illuminated under normal operation.

I think that there should not be any resistance between the shift solenoid connectors and ground, in other words, you should have an open circuit.

I doubt if the shift solenoids are bad. I think that the transmission has a different problem, but before I take a guess, the answers to my questions above would be helpful.

Reply to
Ray O