Where to find a good reputation junk yard

I need to get a used engine. Can anyone tell me which junk yard with good reputation in southern california, preferably in Los Angeles and Orange County.

Thanks,

Matt

Reply to
Matt

D.A.T (Toyota) Auto Dismantlers Eleazar

818-768-4667 818-768-4666 11100 Tuxford Sun Valley 5 (S) to Penrose (RT) to Bradley (LT) to Tuxford (RT) 4 blks.

Been a long time since I was there, and didn't buy anything as major as an engine. Purchased a door and later an exhaust manifold. There seem to be a lot of dismantlers in that section of the city, so if DAT is no longer there, I'm sure there are others nearby. Pacific Bell yellow pages under "Auto Wrecking" might find you something even closer to home.

Online you could try:

They're Toyota only (TAP "Toyota Auto Parts"), and might be worth price checking even with shipping.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus