Where to find Hose (Air Filter to Engine) for 1994 Camry LE. 4dr Sedan 2.2L,

Hi,

I have 1994 Camry LE, 4cyl, 2.2L Sedan.

One hose connecting from Air Filter to Engine block has crack at the edge connecting to Engine Block. Mechanic told it is not severe but might impact Performance. I couldn't find this in Kragen or NAPA auto stores.

  1. What's the name of this Hose
  2. Apart from Dealer, where could we get this Hose??

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

In news:1075014648.629993@sj-nntpcache-5, Ramakrishna Devisetti being of bellicose mind posted:

Any fuel injected engine having an air flow sensor or air flow meter will be ADVERSELY affected by an air leak in the large diameter hose connected the air filter housing to the throttle body. Surging and stalling are typical symptoms. The dealer is usually the only source of such specialized plumbing. Bring a hundred dollar bill and don't expect much change back.

Reply to
Philip®

I've got the same year and engine. The only air flow sensor or air flow meter I can find is the MAP sensor drawing vacuum from the intake manifold. Vacuum there, should not be impacted by the air intake hose. I think it is the six cylinder engines that may have the air flow sensor attached to the air intake hose. Cracks in that tube will still admit unfiltered air into the engine though, and the Dealer would be the best source for quality and fit. You can always check for lower prices online, and still obtain the Toyota part.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Daniel M. Dreifus being of bellicose mind posted:

I was speaking generically. A MAP (Manifold Air Pressure sensor) is not an "air flow" or "air mass" sensor There are quite a few older Toyotas using a MAP without an air mass sensor.

Reply to
Philip®

I put Duct tape around it... Previoulsly I used to hear Hssss noise. Now not hearing much.. This work around is OK or better to fix it ??

Thanks for your inputs..

Regards, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

Hi, I put Duct tape around the crack at intake.. Previously I used to hear Hissss sound which is air leak.. Now this is stopped.

Does this work around OK or still better to replace the hose ??

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

That's fine ... IF ... the engine did not rock back and forth (the stesses that ripped the hose in the first place) when loaded in Drive or Reverse. Get a new hose.

Reply to
Philip®