Will 15 inch steel LE rims fit SE?

I was just wondering if the 15 inch steel rims on a 2003 LE fit the SE? I'm looking at getting a set of winter tires put on those rims.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Tony

Reply to
Tony Ricci

Exactly the same hub size and everything. It'll fit fine.

Reply to
hlee

That not what a few dealers in Toronto tell me? I thought the same thing but things don't seem to point in that direction.

Reply to
Tony Ricci

I suspect the brake calipers will hit. Check

-- they support only the 16" steel wheel. Ya could always try one - dealer/junk yard may have a bent one or extra that he would let you try.

Reply to
Wolfgang

You're saying that the SE has different brakes than the LE? I highly doubt that but I don't know for fact...I thought the SE was all about upgraded suspension and some cosmetic stuff.

Well, I'm about to put on some 15" steelies on my 2003 LE V6, and I don't anticipate any problems!

Reply to
hlee

Sue M.

Reply to
Sue milham

My '03 4cyl SE has rear disc brakes and the 4 cyl LE doesn't (it has drums in rear) so there is one brake difference. Know for act that on 4Rnrs around '99 that the 15" wheels would not fit those that came with 16" wheels -- the rotor and brake caliper were large on the 16" version. I put Tacoma 2wd alloy wheels on older 2wd PU and had to add 1/4 spacer to clear the calipers and tie rod ends.

Suspect the 15" steels wheels are much easier to come by than the 16" ones plus the tires are probably cheaper and there's a bigger selection in 15".

Reply to
Wolfgang

Well,

Let me fill you guys in as to why I'm asking. I thought the same thing as others. I highly doubt that the SE had different front brakes than the LE so I went ahead and ordered LE 15 rims and got new snow tires mounted on them and proceeded to put them on my 2003 SE. Guess what? They don't fit!

I doubted that the 15 wouldn't fit so much so that I called another dealer and double checked the part number of the 15 inch rims an guess what? The dealer sold me the incorrect 15 rims. So I got him to order me the correct ones and remount the tires. Guess what? The don't fit! I freaked! Now I'm on the phone calling other dealers to see if I can even fit 15 inch rims on the SE. They aren't positive but they don't suggest that you put the 15 inch rims on the SE. Some even went as far to say that the hub is bigger but they didn't seem positive.

When trying to put the 15 rims on the SE they were both just about 5mm off in size. They were very close and that's why I thought that maybe there was a specific 15 rim for the LE. But that wasn't the case.

And why did I want 15 instead of 16 steel rims? The 15 inch tires are cheaper to buy.

I still can't believe the front brakes on the SE are larger than the LE. But one thing to keep in mind, and I suspect this is the reason for the brake size issue, all Canadian model Camry's have ABS except for the LE 4 cyld. Now the LE V6 has ABS but it comes with 15 mag wheels.

I wish someone who works at a dealer could verify any of this here on this newsgroup.

Reply to
Tony Ricci