Will Naval Jelly stop rust from spreading?

I have a 1990 Camry that's in good condition but I noticed some small rust patches starting to develop over the back fender. If I apply Naval Jelly will that stop the rust from spreading? I'd really like to avoid having to scrap and repair it.

Reply to
joe54345

Maybe, but it could trap moistre under it and make it worse, but its inside where you cant get it. Best is touch it up for winter with primer and paint

Reply to
m Ransley

Probably not -- builds a thin black coating thats all. Try POR-15 products to halt it.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Naval jelly is really only the first or second step to an actual repair. You use Naval jelly to 'convert' rust to a base metal...sort of. After that, grinding, sanding, filling or welding will hav to be done to accomplish a repair. Rust is inevitable.

Reply to
Hachiroku

So in other words - there's no quick fix to stemming the encroachment of rust. Invasive surgery is the only remedy.

Reply to
joe54345

my broinlaw a retired marina operator said once rusts starts there ain't no stoppin it

Reply to
Bob H

Yeah, what he said!

Reply to