Will these wheels fit '97 camry?

I recently purchased a used '97 Camry LE. The previous owner had replaced the OEM wheels with 14" after market wheels.

My friend owns a '97 Camry XLE in which he says he replaced his 15" OEM wheels with 16" after market wheels. He has offered me the OEM wheels that were on his Camry.

I am assuming that the original wheels for my car were 15" and that his OEM wheels that he is offering will fit my '97 Camry LE.

Reply to
proudpop

Yes. The 97 Camry will take 14" wheels as standard and 15" as optional. Make sure the stud pattern is the same and you will have to buy new tires.

Reply to
badgolferman

Won't changing tire size throw off the speedometer and odometer?

Reply to
Stubby

I think that the speedometer and the odometer would not be a problem especially if the car was originally designed to used a 14" as standard and the 15" as an availaable factory option.

Thanks,

Reply to
proudpop

The V6 came with 15" wheels and the 4 Cyl had 14" wheels. The only option was whether you got alloy instead of the standard steel wheels(but alloy is standard on XLE).

The aspect ratio and tread width of the tires where different on the 2 wheel sizes, such that the overall diameter was fairly close to the same.

Reply to
Mark A

How does that work? Is there an adjustment on the speedo/odometer that accounts for the different distance traveled each rev?

Reply to
Stubby

The tires that go on the larger wheels are wider and have a lower aspect ratio, so that the total diameter difference between them is less than one inch difference in the rim diameter.

Reply to
Mark A

The question still remains. Will the 15" wheels fit the '97 Camry LE.

Thanks,

Reply to
proudpop

I have a 97 XLE Camry with the allow wheels.

If the rims have the same bolt pattern, which I'm sure they do, you should be fine

As long as you also change to the appropriate 15 inch tire size.

Good deal you got! The seven spoke rims go for $350. new!

Enjoy!

proudp> The question still remains. Will the 15" wheels fit the '97 Camry LE. >

Reply to
condor_222