Will this car last a bit?

I have a 91 camry, with 165,000 miles on it, and runs strong, and in good shape. I drive about 10,000 a year these days. Any idea on if I can get a few more years out of this car. Original engine, second transmission, new tires, new brakes? Is there anyway, of actually knowing the condition of a vehicle? I also went around, looking at the toyota sequoua. Thought about purchasing as my primary car, and keep the camry as my commuter car. Any comments on a new sequoa? I thought the fit and finish were decent, and it rode nice.

thanks

Reply to
j.lef

You should get another 100,000 out of it easy..with minor repairs. Rear engine main seal and steering rack will both leak at some point. Keep up with oil and trans fluid changes and keep driving it. If you only do 10,000 miles a year, why buy an expensive Seqouia when you have this Camry? Just the downpayment you would put into the Sequouia would keep the Camry running for a long time.

Reply to
ROBMURR

and

can

transmission,

vehicle?

The reason, I was thinking about this is two fold. I have the type of job, where I need to get to work, with no excuses. We can get some icy and snowy conditions here in the winter and I need something that will be absolutely dependable.Plus safer for me and my passengers in case of accident. Plus I find myself needing more room for carrying gear, and passengers, and thought the sequoia would keep it resale value strong, if I decide to sell it down the road in a few years. I thought about buying an avalon, but please forgive me, I am young and would like to get something that would be more pleasing to me. I have cash, and would not be paying any interest. I only buy when I have the money for things. Plus compared to a navigator or expedition, the sequoia seems like a steal. I also looked at an nissan armada, and was very unimpressed. I was surprised at how poorly(at least compared the toyota) the fit and finish were. But how more easily thought out the toyota was. I was very surprised at nissan. Even though I do like how the armada exterior looks better. I wish the toyota, had a more modern nose to it.

Thanks to all

Reply to
j.lef

Where are you located? You may be interested in a Scion...Toyota quality, decent looks (beauty is in the eye...) and a cheap price tag.

Reply to
HachiRoku