Windows not working - Dome light link?

My 1990 Camry windows stopped working.

Someone mentioned to me that there is a link to the dome light but not what to do about it. Anyone have info on this relationship? My situation is:

- The dome light comes on with the switch all the way over (manual on) but stays OFF when in the middle or all the way in the other direction and the door is opened.

- The door open warning light comes on so it's not the switch.

The problem started when I fixed the seat belt. The automatic seat belt stopped working due to a broken wire. I took apart the wiring harness at the door/car joint and soldered extra wire at the break. Also found another wire in the bundle that was chafed, so I stripped it and tinned it, then recovered each individual wire I worked with using electrical tape. I was pretty careful with check for other broken wires and not stressing the harness. The seat belt works now. All dash lights work. No blown fuses that I can find - under hood or under drivers side dash. I swapped some relay switches in the driver side fuse panel and nothing changes. Everything else electrical works - locks, defroster, etc. etc. Just the dome light does not come on when the door open warning light comes on and the windows dont work. (Any window. And yes, I played with the window overide lock button to make sure it wasn't user error.)

I tried to look in an auto manual for the wireing but the 1996-1990 manual in the store had different colors listed than my 1990 model.

Any suggestions?

AS

Reply to
AS