Windshield washer fluid leak (98 Camry LE V6)

My cousin was in a small accident which appears to have cracked the windshield washer fluid tank: the fluid simply leaks down below.

I don't even know if the tank is plastic (= must be replaced?) or metal (=could possibly be repaired)? What kind of expense is involved?

Thanks.

Reply to
Newbie

You can get a replacement at a junk yard ("used auto parts"). I'll bet it will be $1 or so.

Reply to
Stubby

Yeah, I don't think your gonna get it for a dollar these days. Probably about 1/2 what a new one sells for. Junk yards are not like they used to be, Tony

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

Find your nearest location and give them a call. They do have an online price list but you can always call. I think you need to take off the bumper skin and maybe some splash guards to get at it.

The autozone.com's free online repair guide doesn't have the new washer tank of the 97-01 generation.

Reply to
johngdole