windshield wiper arm removal-2002 Camry

I want to remove plastic the plastic cowling or cover over where the windshield wiper motors are located. I think that the source of clicking sounds on the windshield during cooler weather is there. I see that in order to remove the cowling, you have to remove the windshield wiper arms. I notice that the arms are bolted on. Please advise me how to proceed.

Thanks Terry