Winter tires for Camry SE

Anyone have comments to make on winter tires for 2002 Camry SE ?

Have been contemplating Michelin Pilot Alpin. Anyone have experience with these ?

Have found that the original all-season tires are not very good here in Canadian winters

Thanks

Reply to
Dave Kemp

I would suggest Nokian WR as a good winter tire for Canadian Winters. Here is the product info:

If you are in the Toronto or GTA, I would go to Steelcase Tires and Mags in Markham. Ask for Dave or Jim and they will get you a great deal on them. Keep in mind that the lineups now for winter tires are not too bad, but the longer you wait, the more you will pay for the tires and the longer it will take to get them on your vehicle.

Reply to
Car Guy

The OEM tires on the SE are classified as Performance tires not All-Season (at least on the 03/04 models). The other models (LE, XLE) come with the All-Season radial.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Dave;

Here are Some useful comparisons. The Alpins ranked 6th in the survey.

Winter Tires:

Ultra High Performance All Season:

--Ibrahim

Reply to
Ibrahim

Hi,

I am in Canada, and I want to know if I can put 15 inches winter tires on my SE with 4 wheel disks brakes? My dealer told me that I have to go with 16" but another dealer say that I can put 15"... TIA

Martin

Reply to
Wally

Going with a 15 inch tire would give you better winter handling. Its better to get a narrower tire that digs into snow then a wider tire that goes over it.

As long as the tire can support the vehicle weight and the vehicle dynamics do not become adversely affected by this, I don't see the harm with going with a 15" tire.

If your in Canada and have avg amounts of snow, I would suggest the Nokian WR tires. If you want extra grip, go with the Nokian Hakka 1's.

Tire information can be found at

. For price and availability, check out their dealer locator link.

Reply to
Car Guy